Orillia Cats Swim Club Sr Novice Coach Job Opportunity
The Orillia Channel Cats Swim Club is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated coach for our Sr. Novice program. Sr Novice is a competitive program that begins in September and runs until June. Swimmers train four times per week and can attend approximately six meets per season. (pre-covid)
The Club’s group structure consists of Channel Kittens, Jr/Sr Novice, Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each group represents a different level of ability and training requirement ranging from Channel Kittens swimmers, who are learning the basics of the sport, up to our Gold group swimmers who train eight times per week, and attend Invitational, Provincial and National level competitions. The Orillia Channel Cats train out of the Orillia Recreation Centre.
Requirements and Qualifications
– Proficient knowledge of all four competitive strokes, starts and turns.
– Reliable, enthusiastic and organized.
– Willingness to receive feedback and implement feedback on a regular basis.
-Build positive relationships with swimmers, parents, staff and our community.
– Vulnerable Sector Check required.
-National Lifeguard Pool certification is preferred.
– Coaching experience, Swim Instructing or personal competitive swimming experience.
-Possess or be willing to complete NCCP swimming 101 qualification and willingness for continued education in the profession.
– Start Date: September 2021.
Coaching Duties and Responsibilities
– Prepare weekly practice plans
– Implement lesson plans in a fun and safe training environment
-Promote and abide by our club’s vision statement: “Building self-confidence through swimming.”
– Attend all swim meets that Sr Novice attend indicated by the Head Coach
– Attend coaches’ meetings and team functions.
-Fill in for Head Coach if required.
This is a part time position offering approximately 6-8 hours per week. Wages will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Head Coach Meredith Thompson-Edwards at: email@example.com All applications will be held in confidence. Only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.