Parents Code of Conduct click here: Code of Conduct Parents
Officials Code of Conduct click here:CodeofConductProcedure
Social Media/Appropriate use of Technology Policy: Social Media
SWIMMERS CODE OF CONDUCT
In any team situation, members must be willing to follow specific guidelines so that the Team as a whole achieves the best possible results while representing our club in a dignified and respectful manner, whether at practices, meets, training camps or any other team function. The following code of conduct will ensure that the opportunity to train and travel together remains enjoyable and
safe for all. The code applies to all CATS swimmers who represent the club at practices, team functions and swim meets.
Any violation of the following codes will be dealt with by the coach(s) present, and if deemed necessary, by a discipline chair, and if further necessary, a disciplinary committee will be formed
and agreed to by the Board of Directors:
1. SWIMMERS WILL CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN A SPORTING MANNER AND RESPECT THEIR FELLOW ATHLETES, COACHES, CHAPERONES, AND OFFICIALS.
2. SWIMMERS WILL BEHAVE IN A MANNER WHICH REFLECTS FAVOURABLY ON THEMSELVES, THEIR FAMILIES AND THE CHANNEL CATS SWIM CLUB.
3. SWIMMERS MUST COMPLY WITH TRAVEL, TRAINING, COMPETITION, CURFEW AND BEHAVIOUAL GUIDELINES AS COMMUNICATED PRIOR TO EACH EVENT.
4. SWIMMERS ARE TO FOLLOW THE RULES SET OUT BY THE FACILITY IN WHICH COMPETING, TRAINING OR ATTENDING FOR ANY REASON AS A TEAM MEMBER.
5. SWIMMERS WILL NOT USE TOBACCO (THIS INCLUDES E-CIGARETTES AND VAPING AND ANY OTHER FORMS OF SMOKING), ALCOHOL, DRUGS OR ANY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES DURING TRAINING, MEETS OR TEAM FUNCTIONS.
6. SWIMMERS WILL NOT ABUSE, BULLY OR INTIMIDATE ANY PERSON(PHYSICALLY OR VERBALLY) OR DAMAGE PROPERTY OF ANYONE ELSE, THE CLUB OR THE FACILITY.
7. SWIMMERS WILL NOT USE PHONES, CAMERAS OR ANY TYPE OF RECORDING DEVICE WITHIN THE BATHROOMS, CHANGEROOMS OR ANY COMMUNAL AREA WHERE ANYONE COULD BE CHANGING. IF ON DECK SWIMMERS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK WITH COACHES IF A PHONE MUST BE USED TO COMMUNICATE FOR ANY REASON.
8. SWIMMERS WILL USE THE APPROPRIATE CHANGEROOM FOR THEIR NEEDS AND ONLY ONE SWIMMER PER DESIGNATED CHANGING STALL OR BATHROOM STALL MAY ENTER AT A TIME.
9. SWIMMERS MAY NOT FOR ANY REASON COLLECT OR USE ANYONE’S PERSONAL INFORMATION OR POST PHOTOGRAPHS ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA WITHOUT CONSENT.
10. SWIMMERS MAY NOT FOR ANY REASON USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO POST HARMFUL PHOTOGRAPHS, HURTFUL WORDS, OR TO INTIMIDATE, COMPLAIN ABOUT, HARRASS OR SHAME ANY OF THEIR TEAMMATES, COACHES OR ANYONE ON THE TEAMS WE ARE COMPETING AGAINST. IF A SWIMMER HAS AN ISSUE THAT THEY WANT TO COMMUNICATE, THEY ARE ASKED TO APPROACH A COACH, CHAPERONE, OFFICIAL OR PARENT TO DISCUSS, NOT RESORT TO SOCIAL MEDIA TO AIR THEIR COMPLAINTS.
A positive and successful image will enable you, as a swimmer, and our team greater opportunities in the future. To provide a better understanding of the code, the following rules of
behaviour are provided for practices, meets and various other team functions:
1. The Golden Rule in sport is to treat others, as you would like to be treated yourself. All other expectations come from this basic principal.
2. Coaches and chaperones expect respect and cooperation at all times. Swimmers are expected to display a positive attitude, teamwork and fair play at all times in and out of the pool. Be courteous in speech and actions at all times.
3. Treat your teammates with care and respect — you are all working together as a team. Respect the rights and properties of others. Learn to recognize and give credit for the goals and accomplishments of your teammates. Encourage younger or newer swimmers for their efforts.
4. All team equipment should be treated with care.
5. Show your competition courtesy and respect, applauding other teams’ accomplishments as well as your own. No advantage, except for those of skill and effort, are to be sought over others.
6. Team uniforms (a club T-shirt and swim cap are the minimum) will be worn at all meets.
7. At all times, team members must be prompt for practices, warm-ups, departure times and meetings.
Our intent is to make our time together a rewarding and fun experience in which we can all grow together.
The following penalties could be imposed if any of the above mentioned rules/behavioural guidelines are not adhered to:
a) Suspension from one or more team practices.
b) Suspension from the current competition and being sent home at the parents’ expense.
c) Suspension from future team competitions and events.
d) Suspension from the team and the club.
TRAVEL CODE OF CONDUCT
1. At swim meets, it is the coach’s primary responsibility to help you perform to the best of your ability in the pool; therefore, coaches will deal with the swimming component at meets. Other matters (questions or problems concerning food, bussing, hotel, etc.) should be directed to the attending chaperones.
2. At a competition, the team is expected to sit together, share in team support, and be readily available to the coaches. While waiting for your swim at meets, swimmers are expected to remain involved in the meet by watching for and supporting their teammates’ swims. Cheering and encouraging your teammates is part of being on the CATS swim team. Use good judgment in your enthusiasm.
3. At team meets, Chaperones must be told of and/or consulted if you are leaving the team situation for any reason. Approval must be expressly given to do so.
4. Hotel rooms must be kept clean and tidy. If swimmers’ rooms are unacceptable they will not leave for the pool until rooms are cleaned (this may mean that the whole team is held up.)
5. Hotel room doors must be open if there is mixed gender in a room.
6. T.V. and radio sound levels must be kept down to an acceptable level.
7. Running or other forms of horseplay will not be tolerated in the hotel or any other public building including pool change rooms.
8. Curfew means settling down in your own room, quiet and lights out. You should respect your roommates’ need for undisturbed sleep. Swimmers may not be out of their rooms after this point in time except to see a chaperone if absolutely necessary.
9. If a long distance call is required to be made using the hotel phones, permission must be sought prior to making this call. If this is not the case, the swimmer and their family will be responsible for paying the charges on checkout.
10. The use of profanity around the team and
staff will not be tolerated. No room service, or other amenities may be charged to the rooms for any reason.
11. Team members should not engage in, or listen to griping about others behind their backs. If you have a problem or a concern, contact the coach or the team captain.
12. Team members will practice good nutrition (no junk food at practice or meets).
HAVE FUN, BE HAPPY, AND SMILEI