Orillia Channel Cats Swim Club (CATS) is affiliated as a swim club through our governing bodies — provincially through Swim Ontario and nationally through Swimming Canada. CATS are required to register all our swimmers and officials through these governing bodies. As a registrant (swimmer and/or official) you must be familiar with the following documents that are built into the CATS Swimmer and Officials registration process but are available for reference here (as well as on Swim Ontario’s website — www.swimontario.com)
Orillia Channel Cats Swim Club as a member of Swimming Canada and Swim Ontario believes that everyone in the sport has the right to enjoy the sport at whatever level or position they participate. Athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers have the right to participate in a safe and inclusive training and competitive environment that is free of abuse, harassment or discrimination.
Please see the Swim Ontario site for more information about Sport Safety https://www.swimontario.com/sport-safety
Sport Safety Education for Coaches, Swimmers, Parents: https://www.swimontario.com/sport-safety/education
- The Canadian Sports Helpline
1-888-837-7678 – email@example.com – http://abuse-free-sport.ca/en/
The helpline will provide you with advice, guidance and resources on how to proceed/intervene appropriately in the circumstances.
- Swimming Canada Safe Sport Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact the Independent Safe Sport Official at email@example.com. This person is an independent third party who will guide you through the complaints process and/or explore other options. This Independent Official is empowered to supersede Swimming Canada staff and launch appropriate policies as required based on evidence or a situation reported. Your contact with the Safe Sport Official is confidential, subject to certain legal limits. The independent Safe Sport Official is a certified workplace harassment resources/investigator. For general disputes, you are encouraged to try to resolve your situation at the club or provincial level before contacting Swimming Canada.
- Orillia Channel Cats Complaint, Dispute and Resolutions Officer – complaintresolutions114@gmail.
- Swim Ontario Complaint, Dispute and Resolutions Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Complaint, Discipline, Appeal Procedure
- Please click CDA_Procedure_for_Clubs_FINAL to review the updated Complaints, Discipline, and Appeals procedure for CATS and Swim Ontario.The intent of this program is to provide support to Coaches, Officials, Parents, Swimmers, and Volunteers should a situation arise that requires a formal complaint to Swim Ontario.