Meet for swimmers in Sr Novice and above. Meet notice available here: Barrie Trojan Cup 2023
Meet Rules: All swimmers are to wear CATS clothing and club caps. Absolutely no food allowed on deck. Swimmers will be scratched from first event if more than 15 minutes late for warm ups. Bring lots of team spirit! We hope to have a lot of fun and cheering from everyone. Each swimmer may swim a maximum of 7 (seven) events *ALL CHANNEL CATS ARE REQUIRED TO STAY UNTIL THE LAST CHANNEL CAT SWIMMER HAS RACED FOR EACH SESSION. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
Fri Dec 1: warm up 4:00 meet starts at 5:00
Sat Dec 2: 13 and over: warm up 7:00 meet starts 8:00
Sat Dec 2: 12 and under: warm up 12:30 meet starts 1:30
Sat finals 13 and over: warm up 6:00 meet starts 6:45
Sun Dec 3: 13 & over: warm up 7:00 meet starts 8:00
Sun Dec 3: 12 and under: warm up 12:30 meet starts 1:30
Sun finals 13 & over: warm up 6:00 meet starts 6:45
400 and 800 Free Eliminator Rules:
- This is an exhibition event for eight swimmers. Swimmers aged 12 & Under will race for 400 meters, while swimmers aged 13 & Over will race for 800 meters.
- This event will not score points, and will not count towards entry limits.
- One lane will be allocated per team. If more than eight teams enter, lanes will be allocated by random draw. If less than eight teams enter, teams may be assigned more than one lane by random draw.
- If a team enters multiple swimmers in the same event, meet management will randomly select only one swimmer from all entries to represent that team.
- Eight swimmers will start the race, and when they have completed 1/4 of the total distance the last swimmer to touch the wall will be immediately eliminated.
- As the remaining swimmers continue to race, another swimmer will be eliminated after intervals equal to 1/8 of the total distance. During the last 1/8 of the race, when only two swimmers remain, the first to touch the wall will win the event!